Mission of Elder Tyler Thurber Tinkham, Honduras Comayaguela, June 2009 - June 2011

Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4th

Hello once again to all of my family and friends out there in the world wide world of sports. Once again it is a great pleasure of mine to salute you this afternoon. To start out with a funny story, we just got back from cutting our hair. My companion decided to cut his hair kind of short, and he didn’t realize it was going to be so short, and so he was pretty freaked out and sad. So, I decided that in order to cheer him up, I would do it too! So, now we both look silly! (Well, he does...I kind of look like Vin Diesel haha).

Next weather report....it’s still super hot.

This week has been a total spiritual banquet for my companion and I. It was jam packed with meetings and travelling.

On Tuesday, we were in Talanga. We had the PMG fundamentals training meeting. President Flores presented some new cards of study of PMG, which are super cool. We have a new format in the mission on how we are going to study PMG together. We have a goal as a mission to become a mission of “Preach My Gospel,” I have read PMG 3 or 4 times in my mission, and a couple of weeks ago I put the goal to study PMG one more time before I finish. These cards and the new study format were the answers to my prayers! In 2 months I will finish PMG once again.

After the meeting on Tuesday, the luck fell upon me to babysit a future missionary. His name is Luis Miguel, and he is from Campamento. He was set apart right after the training meeting, and was due to leave the next day. It’s actually pretty historical, because Luis Miguel is the first missionary to ever leave from the Campamento branch on a mission. He came with us to work and sleep in the other elders’ house in Guaymaca. I was on exchanges with Elder Quinteros, a brand new elder, at that time as well. Let’s just say...I felt super old at that time haha. Luis Miguel is now in Ecuador on his mission!

On Thursday I had another opportunity to babysit as well! My friend Elder Quinteros has been a little bit sick lately. We thought that he might have appendicitis or something like that for the pain he was having. So, since I can speak English, I stayed with him to talk with the mission doctors while the other Elders left to important appointments. We went to the doctor together and took a couple of examens (tests), but they all turned out negative. We are pretty sure he has a hernia, or however you spell that. He’s doing alright.

We found a new family this week, named the Fam. Mendoza. Elder Cardon and my companion found them in interchanges, and they seem pretty positive. There are 4 people in total in the family. We brought the son of the family to the Priesthood session, and he seemed to enjoy himself. We’re going to see how the things go this week.

General Conference....what can I say. I learned so much. I already want the Liahona so that I can study it. The 2 things that I most learned were the importance of the duties of the priesthood and eternal marriage. That’s what had me meditating mostly. Well...learned that I need to respect my priesthood duties more, because when I was younger I was a slacker completely, and when I get home, I need to get married quickly and not waste my time haha! Thanks a lot Apostles! I love them.

Thanks guys! I love you so much every one of you. I hope you have a great week!

Vaya Pues!

Elder Tinkham