Hello once again to all of my family and friends out there! First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to read this...I hope it means something to you.
Haha I’ve been a little bit sick lately, some people say that missionaries always get sick in the last weeks of their missions due to the large stress to work as hard as you can till the end, and also the “horrifying” thoughts of the real world, and re-entering it....ooo shivers.....anyways let’s not talk about that yet haha, that’s for the next letter.
This week we weren’t able to baptize Isaì. We decided that he wasn’t quite ready yet, and placed the date for this Saturday instead. We were a little bit disappointed, and he was too, but we felt like it was the right thing to do. Isaì is really excited for his baptism, and he already selected me to baptize him (he`ll be the last one for me!) We are still teaching his parents, but things are going a little bit slow. We are trying to use our patience and insistence to be able to help them out, we are going to keep trying!
But, we were able to help the other girl, Alison, get baptized. I don’t know what it is about these kids, but their testimonies are so strong. Can you believe that after her confirmation...little 8 year old Alison said the closing prayer in Sacrament meeting? And she did it very nicely as well.
This week, I was studying chapter 9 of PMG and trying to raise my faith that God was preparing people for me to teach. I spent the week studying chapter 9 and praying for those people that God will put in our place. I received an answer to my prayers! This week...I was able to witness a miracle. The other day, when Elder Hernandez and I were headed to an appointment, a lady stopped us on the street and demanded that we visit her the next day. So...we shockingly, but confidently put an appointment for the following morning. When we arrived the next day, she began to explain to us her story. When she was living in Tegucigalpa, she had a boss who was LDS along with his family. She admired her boss, and all of the good things that his family did for her and for others. After moving here to Guaimaca, she lost contact with him. But, after a couple of months, she had acquired a “thirst” to find and know the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. While contemplating how she could satisfy her thirst, or what church to attend, her thoughts returned to her boss. She was able to recognize that her boss and his family were “examples of the believers,” and decided that she wanted to be more like them. So, she began to search for us. Many times she had seen us, but was never able to catch up because we walk too fast. But that day, she saw us...and she said that she couldn’t contain the Spirit that she felt within her, and so she stopped us. Well...long story short...Hna. Santitos is preparing herself to be baptized in the true church of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that the Lord has permitted me to witness such a miracle. I thought that only in the Liahona did these types of miracles happened!
I love the mission. I wish it would never end. I have learned so many things in my mission. But most of all, I have learned how to receive a remission of my sins, so that I might stand worthy one day before the judgment seat of the Most Almighty...and he might declare unto me...Well done good servant. I continue to work because I fear the punishments of God that he places upon slothful servants. For that, I am grateful that the Lord has blessed me to continue to have such unforgettable experiences. I know that this is the true Church. How could I possibly deny it? The Lord has answered my prayers, and He has guided me to become the person that I only dreamt of becoming. I love you all, and I thank you for all of your support as well.
Vaya Pues...una vez màs!
Elder Tinkham