A big hola to all of my family and friends out there, how is everything going? I hope well. Sadly I am no longer cold because the rainyness has stopped, and once again it's hot (when I say that it was cold that means it was about 75 degrees). Things have been rolling along for me around here, let me tell you about my week.
Well, this week we had our transferly Zone Conference, and once again it was quite amazing. I really respect President Flores, it seems like every time he speaks, spiritual knowledge just shoots out of his mouth and heads directly to our brains and heart. Every time we leave a conference, we all feel like vile sinners and great missionaries at the same time, if you know what that means. The doctor of the Central American area also came by and gave us a message about stress and how to manage it as a missionary. He is a hilarious man and we all got a great kick out of him. Also, in the conference I got your package mom! Thanks so much for the new shoes, I still haven't even touched them because they are so clean and shiny, I'm afraid to get them dirty! But basically all of the candy and the mashed potatoes are already long eaten. So thanks!
To answer a few questions that my mom had about the food situation. There is a member that we pay to give us lunch, but all of the breakfast and dinners are house made, so we do a lot of cooking around here. Elder Torres and I get along just fine, he is a quiet type, but I don't have any problems with that.
As for the work here in Ciudad España, it's starting to come, slowly but surely. I have never seen so much opposition to the church as I do here, and its taking a little bit of time to get used to. In the pueblos I could just go up to any random house and say, Hi! We're missionaries and have a message about Jesus Christ! Can we come in and share it with you?! And about 85% of the time we go in. Here in Ciudad España it's more of the United States type deal...¨Hi hows it going! Were missionaries of the church of ...slam!¨ so yeah...the finding comes slower than usual, but I'm working on it!
We did find this one family of 4 that we are currently teaching. Its a mom (Juana) with 3 kids (Evelyn, Josè, and Jimmy) and things are going pretty well with them. They didn't come to church this week because Hna. Juana works in Tegucigalpa (like everyone else here), and she didn't have the time because she was over there working. But they are good people, they sure do talk a lot, but they do listen haha. The second time we went over there to visit we had a funny experience. We were asking them if they read the Book of Mormon and then prayed to know if all of these things were true. The daughter Evelyn said...I read and I liked it, but I didn't pray. Why? We asked...Because I'm scared I'm going to receive an answer like you told me. We laughed a little bit and asked her why, then we explained that it is a GOOD thing if she receives an answer to her prayers. The Hna. Juana also began to explain how she had had a horrible experience with an Evangelical church, were they baptized her and she told us that she does not believe in it at all. She asked us how our baptisms are and everything, and after we explained it, she said straight up. Well then looks like I'm going to be baptized! We laughed, Okay but you have to go to church first!
Anywho, that is pretty much the highlight of the week. In other news, I have been experimenting all of the different ways I can eat a Slim Jim this week due to the large mountain that my mom has sent me. I especially like the Slim Jim mashed potato mix, and the grilled cheese Slim Jim sandwich. Everything else...mas o menos. But I hope everything is going well with you guys, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Vaya Pues,
Elder Tinkham