A buenas tardes to all of my family and friends out there! Another week has gone by, and in addition another transfer! I'm happy to report that I will be staying here in Comayagua Piedras Bonitas!
One big news is that I will be getting a new companion on Wednesday. My new companion is Elder Diaz. He is from Panama and has been in the mission for about 13 months now, and that's all I know so far. I will be saying my goodbyes to Elder Cobo within the next 2 days, it is very sad to see him go since he is a good guy but I am also ready for a change.
In other news, we didn't get Josè, Maria and their daughter Jasmyn baptized. It was only because of the flippin' marriage laws they have here and it is a real hassle to get all of the paperwork. But luckily Jose finally received his ID card and we are working on finalizing all of this stuff for the wedding. Hopefully the wedding will be in about one week. But they are still really excited and really ready for this sacred ordinance!
We ran into another great experience with my convert Hermano Noè. He pretty much comes with us to appointments every other day, and its really really sweet. He introduced us to the family of his sister, and they are really great. There are 6 of them, and I have a really good feeling they might accept the gospel. We will have to see what happens in the near future with the lessons. I also have another great investigator named Ever, he is 24 and kind of a gangster type guy who works in a mechanic shop for cars. He is really funny, and most of his family are members, and he even accepted a baptismal date. We have a lot more work to do with him before we baptize him, but I will keep you informed.
I was also thinking a lot this week about how important the Book of Mormon really is. We have had to drop or stop visiting a lot of investigators this week because they won`t accept the Book of Mormon as the word of God. I found myself thinking a lot in the talk of Jeffrey Holland in Conference. How could one man give up his life, family, descendants, and all that he stood for, to defend a book that would be fake? I know for a fact that Joseph Smith could not have written that book himself, and that only through the power of God it was written and translated. I'm not saying that Joseph Smith was a nobody, because not many men on this earth have been better. But what I'm saying is, the Book of Mormon is beyond the understanding and power of one man. I know that to be true, and I have been focusing myself much harder on that fact so that more people can accept the Book of Mormon, because really this is always the first commitment everyone needs to make.
The photo I included is at the Conference we had with Elder Falabella from the Quorum of the Seventy. He is a really awesome and powerful guy, along with my companion Elder Cobo and an Elder in my district in the Sabana, Elder Pellecer.
Thank you all for your love and support, this computer is really slow today so I have to wrap up quickly, but there will be a lot of information for you next week! I love you all and miss you all dearly,
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham
Mission of Elder Tyler Thurber Tinkham, Honduras Comayaguela, June 2009 - June 2011