Mission of Elder Tyler Thurber Tinkham, Honduras Comayaguela, June 2009 - June 2011

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear Family,

I am doing just fine here in the MTC, how are you guys?

To answer your questions haha:

The food here in the MTC is good, but frankly I'm just sick of it. It is decent and all but I've had enough of it since it's all we get to eat.

We do laundry on P-Days in a giant room filled with washers and dryers. I put stuff in the wash, go get a sack lunch and eat it, change clothes into the dryer, go write the emails, then I take the clothes out, fold them and put them away. I am using the hangers I brought because there were some in the room, but none of the other Elders brought hangers so they are using those. There are a couple of extra, but oh well.

None of us have been asked to give a talk in Spanish yet, I have a feeling that will be next week. But I am heavily involved in most Sacrament Meetings because I either lead, play piano, pass the Sacrament, or play piano in Priesthood Meeting. This last Sunday my district sang "Oracion de Un Nino" and I played the piano. It was really cool.

I have seen a few people I know from school. Namely Elder (Anziano) Sean Bullock, 3 old roommates: Elder Ryan Davis, Elder David Coats and Elder John Green.

Our classroom is always hot cause we're all crammed in there. We spend about 9 or 10 hours a day in that classroom. It's...uh...nice. I alternate between basketball and beach volleyball each day for gym, and I'm beginning to find that I am pretty darn good at volleyball.

Other than that, I can't think of what else to say! You can send me some more questions in your next letters if you'd like. My sickness is almost gone. It hasn't been too bad other than it's been keeping me up for a couple of nights so that was annoying. Other than that, I'm doing just great here.

I love you and miss you!
Love,
Elder Tinkham