Mission of Elder Tyler Thurber Tinkham, Honduras Comayaguela, June 2009 - June 2011

Monday, July 6, 2009

Another week gone by! Yet another example of how the days go by so slowly because we do so much, but the weeks cruise by. This week was mas o menos compared to some other ones.

I have been having some wicked sinus issues that led me to believe I had strep throat, but I went to the doctor and they cleared me so everything is fine there, just went and bought some cold medication from the bookstore and hopefully it starts working!

First of all, Happy Birthday Megan! I hope you enjoyed your birthday and have fun going to Young Women's now! I love you and I miss you.

I didn't have any miraculous Referral Center experiences this week, but hopefully I did plant some seeds for someone. A teenage girl called me and was asking me a bunch of questions about our church for a school report in college or something. But after I answered her questions the best that I could, she told me, "Wow I am really learning something today. I didn't know y'all believed that stuff, those are the same things that I believe." I was really happy she said that and I took the opportunity to bear my testimony to her and told her to look up some more information about the church!

The 4th of July...eh it was alright over here. At about 7:30 they ended classes and we went to a large presentation were we watched about 2 hours worth of U.S./Church history. Since I am a history buff, I quite enjoyed it. But I must admit it was incredibly cheesy, and pretty long. But it was the closest thing to a party we get around here in the MTC. Sure was quite the "exhilarating" experience. Then, after that, they let us stay up about 20 minutes past our bedtime so we could watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire at LaVell Edwards Stadium. It was pretty fun and I have some funny pictures that I will try to get out next week.

Also, the devotional we had last Tuesday was by Gerald N. Lund from the Quorum of the Seventy (he is the one that wrote the Work and the Glory series), he taught all of us about how to find people to teach by utilizing the members, and by tracting. I learned a lot and took tons and tons of notes.

Other than that, it was mostly a week where I wished I could have worked harder. I didn't get a lot of sleep and was coughing a lot throughout the day which made me rather tired, but it didn't stop me too much. I just know that I could have done better. The other day our district made a goal where we couldn't speak a word of English all day. It was very frustrating and hard to do, but we got it done, and I know that the more we do that, the more I will benefit for that.

I don't really know anything about whats happening with Honduras right now, but it doesn't seem like too big of a deal here...yet. As far as I know the visa reception will still happen just fine and everything. But yeah, so nobody worry about it or anything.

Thanks to all of you who wrote me a letter this last week and for all of you who support me out here.

Chao,
Elder Tinkham