Buenos dias to every one of my family and friends out there! I hope that everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season and is preparing for a great new year.
Things are going pretty much the same this week over here in Juticalpa. The work is advancing slowly but surely. This week I started to teach English here, and only 3 people showed up, but that's normal for the 1st week of every activity. Now we're just working on getting it published to the members and our investigators a little more. Eventually I'll be teaching English like a champion.
The search is still continuing for the golden family that I know is out there somewhere for me to find. I can feel it, and I'm doing all I can in order to find them and get to know them. Elder Lopez and I did find a family where 23 people live in the house and we have begun teaching them. Imagine that baptism if we ended up teaching them all?! There are only about 5 of them that are genuine investigators, but we´ll see right?
Ah, one other thing I haven't mentioned yet that was really awesome. On the 23rd of December we had a great activity that we did as a district. We borrowed the Santa suit from the Christmas dinner that was used, and used it to sing Christmas hymns all around Juticalpa. We made a route and went to all 3 of the companionships less active members and investigators, with the lovely Elder Cardon dressed up as 'Ol Saint Elder Nick. It was quite comical and we enjoyed all of it, and Elder Lopez and I even contacted a family on the street that wanted to listen to us. Who knows, maybe that will end up being the golden family I am looking for. But all in all the activity was a success and we all enjoyed it.
In this Christmas season I just want to leave my testimony with you all out there. In the mission I have come to know that Jesus Christ really does have an influence in all of our lives. I know that he is my Savior and Redeemer, and I know that he listens to us. I have received countless answers to my prayers, and I know that he does the same with all of you. Joseph Smith REALLY saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and spoke to him, this I also know to be true. It was not just some fictitious event that he made up, but really prayed in that garden, and what happened is a true and tangible event.
I love you all and I want you all to know that the Book of Mormon is the most true book ever written on the face of the earth. I have now become obsessed with reading it and my study time is my favorite part of the day. I challenge you all to read your scriptures daily. Seriously, if you do that, you will realize how blessed your lives really are. I love you all, and take care of yourselves.
Vaya Pues!
Elder Tinkham
Mission of Elder Tyler Thurber Tinkham, Honduras Comayaguela, June 2009 - June 2011